- Cebu City is the 2nd biggest city in the Philippine (next to Manila) - and it continues to build and expand. Traffic is getting bad. Decentralization is being developed with the SM Super Mall in the SRP south and the suburban towns in the north.
- Boat from the airport to the city center - even without traffic, it takes about 4 rides to reach the city. But with Cebu's increasing traffic congestion, it has become a nightmare. Instead of taking the land route, take the water route - no traffic, fresher air and cheaper. From the airport, take the yellow multi-cab straight to the river port and take the ferry (there's only one destination) to the city. Take the 02B jeep and get off at UC near Jones - you're now on the city's main artery.
- given its size and increasing congestion, Cebu really needs a mass railway system - something that is conspicuously lacking, but no one seems to complain about
- Cebu is bursting at the seams on the yoga scene. There are about 20 yoga centers in the city - from yoga studios to gyms offering yoga and hotels jumping on the bandwagon
- a trendy and safe place in Cebu where you can chillout for coffee and enjoy good eats would be at the Ayala Mall
- there are other pocket-areas for trendy hangouts - Banila Town Center, Crossroads, Escario Plaza, La Vie, etc.
- the tourist area where most of the budget hotels and restaurants are, are located within the Mango area, although it has a seedy belly feel. Kids may swarm on you pretending to be begging, but they could be picking your pocket or your backpack pockets - be careful
- many pick-pockets in the Colon area - be careful
- unlike Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), cheap mass transportation is abundant in Cebu City. There are numerous jeepneys that can take you from one point of the city to another - although you may have to take several jeep rides. Minimum fare is only $0.16 (or Php 7.00). Likewise, there are tricycles (tuk-tuks) that take you to the inner parts jeepneys don't ply. Tricycles go as cheap as $0.22 (or Php 10.00). Cabs are everywhere with a flagdown of $0.88 (or Php 40.00). For a quick ride weaving through traffic (yes, it is dangerous), you can also take the single motorcycle ride - they go as cheap as $0.22 (or Php 10.00) for short distances.
- Tops Lookout - elevated lookout point, overlooking the city - great at night on a clear day when there is no fog
- Taoist Temple - well maintained temple perched on a hillslope inside Beverly Hills
- Magellan's Cross - great historical significance, in Mactan where Magellan claimed the Philippines for Spain
- Lapu-Lapu Shrine - not really a shrine, but a 20-meter bronze statue of Lapu-Lapu, the chieftain who killed Magellan
- Basilica Minore del Santo Nino - commonly known as Santo Niņo Church, is an old church built in 1565
- Fort San Pedro - built in the early 1700s to protect against Muslim raids, it has cannons, walled fortifications, etc.
- Cebu City - rich in culture and history, 2nd largest city in the Philippines
- Moalboal - amazing coral reef system, sardine bowl, deep drop-off for freediving
- Oslob - Butanding (whale shark) watching
- Bantayan Island - long stretch of fine white sand beach, Virgin Island for snorkeling
- Malapascua Island - divers' paradise for seeing the rare Thresher Shark
- Cantabaco Cave - Toledo
- Barile Waterfalls - Barile
- Whale Shark Tour - Oslob
- Carcar - chicharon and lechon in public market
Cebu City Google Map
Cebu City, Philippines
Tops - hilltop offering panoramic view of the city
Taoist Temple - temple on a hillslope in Lahug with panoramic view of the city
- Hostel Seven Cebu - newly opened, resto/bar, central location, solo/group travellers
Juana Osmeña Street, Cebu City
- S Hotel & Residences - new hotel, luxury rooms, central location
827 M. Velez corner Andres Abellana St.
resto / cafe / bar
- Fujinoya - new and refreshing twists to Western style desserts using Japanese techniques
Wilson St., Lahug, Cebu City - tel. 888.6075
- Bad Boys Wingz - Buffalo Wings, unique versions of sauces! Great service, accommodating staff, bad boys vibe
Kasambagan, Cebu City | (032) 415 4811
- Love Yoga World - yoga studio
11/fl, Skyrise 2 Tower, IT Park, Lahug, Cebu City
- Yoga Now - first Yoga and Wellness studio in Mactan offering daily Yoga Classes
at The Yacht Club Mactan
- Cebu Mountain Bike Adventure - MTB tours, bike sales and repairs. Bed and Breakfast + Resto Cafe + wifi
1298-b V.Rama Ave, Guadalupe, Cebu City | 0942.959.7451