Dec 20, 2015
Goodbye Cebu...Daghang Salamat!
Location : Cebu City, Cebu (province), Philippines
I've said goodbye so many times to Cebu, but invariably, I keep coming back. Cebu is that inviting, given its energy, the people she keeps, the yoga scene, and notwithstanding the horric traffic, it remains a destination in the Visayas, or at least a jumping board to the rest of the Philippines.
With the holidays, my last few weeks have been one of festivities for the yuletide season. It was also my last chance to thank and bid farewell to those who have shaped my 7 months in Cebu into one of abundance, discovery and introspection.
Cebu and Jeanne will always be synonymous. She has been a friend since I met her 3 years ago at Chu Un Temple. Loved and known by many, she exudes the authentic yoga aura that radiates. She's too giving, generosity morphing into magnanimity. She has always been my gracious hostess in Cebu who looked after my well-being, oftentimes behind the scene. Thank you Jeanne. I still don't know what I've done to deserve your friendship, but know that I am grateful.
Cebu is bursting at the seams with spiritual groups who profess high evolution, but sadly, gossip remains a pastime within some circles. It came to my attention that my name was being mud-smeared by those who see something on the surface and propagate a mindless speculation through the gossip mill, presenting their juicy speculation as fact. This is malicious, a lie and irresponsible to say the least. It damages the very advocacy they crusade for. The people adversely affected by this know the real score as they take ringside seat on this. The gossip mongers, not surprisingly, are the outsiders trying to look in, weaving fact, fiction and wild imaginings into something called GOSSIP.
Also with the Christmas season with my Dad recuperating from his cancer treatment, it was imperative for me to make the trip to Manila and spend the holidays with him. It also meant abruptly cutting short my stay in Cebu notwithstanding the looming horizon of opportunities that awaited. I don't plan my travels, but if the wind takes me back to Cebu again, I'll pack up with no hesitation.
(Dec 27, 2015) Happy pasko! Where is the road leading you next?
(Dec 27, 2015) Hope the road leads you back to Cebu again soon, git! Safe travels!
(Dec 27, 2015) Take care, Git! Happy New Year!
Wella Marie Daclan-Acero
( Dec 28, 2015) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I wasn't able to formally say goodbye to you.. I'll surely miss your class.. come back to Cebu soon.. take care on ur next journey.
(Dec 28, 2015) hpi new year!
Principles and Origins
(Dec 27, 2015) come back soon. don't take too long. tc always.
Cebu City Google Map
Cebu City, Philippines
Tops - hilltop offering panoramic view of the city
Taoist Temple - temple on a hillslope in Lahug with panoramic view of the city
- Hostel Seven Cebu - newly opened, resto/bar, central location, solo/group travellers
Juana Osmeña Street, Cebu City
- S Hotel & Residences - new hotel, luxury rooms, central location
827 M. Velez corner Andres Abellana St.
resto / cafe / bar
- Fujinoya - new and refreshing twists to Western style desserts using Japanese techniques
Wilson St., Lahug, Cebu City - tel. 888.6075
- Bad Boys Wingz - Buffalo Wings, unique versions of sauces! Great service, accommodating staff, bad boys vibe
Kasambagan, Cebu City | (032) 415 4811
- Love Yoga World - yoga studio
11/fl, Skyrise 2 Tower, IT Park, Lahug, Cebu City
- Yoga Now - first Yoga and Wellness studio in Mactan offering daily Yoga Classes
at The Yacht Club Mactan
- Cebu Mountain Bike Adventure - MTB tours, bike sales and repairs. Bed and Breakfast + Resto Cafe + wifi
1298-b V.Rama Ave, Guadalupe, Cebu City | 0942.959.7451
Suggested Destinations in Cebu
- Camotes Islands - caves, beaches
- Cebu City - rich in culture and history, 2nd largest city in the Philippines
- Moalboal - amazing coral reef system, sardine bowl, deep drop-off for freediving
- Oslob - Butanding (whale shark) watching
- Bantayan Island - long stretch of fine white sand beach, Virgin Island for snorkeling
- Malapascua Island - divers' paradise for seeing the rare Thresher Shark
- Cantabaco Cave - Toledo
- Barile Waterfalls - Barile
- Whale Shark Tour - Oslob
- Carcar - chicharon and lechon in public market
Dec 20, 2015
»» next Traveling story: Yuletide Season in Manila
»» back to Traveling
»» back to Homepage